Scriptures Fulfilled

2 Samuel 17; Psalms. 71; Matthew 26


“My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will…for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in the way?”

Matthew 26:39, 52-54


In Christ’s passion there is a surrender to the will of the Father, and a relinquishing of power and violence. Jesus knew he could call on angels, but he chose the will of his Father instead. The fulfillment of prophetic Scripture gives glory to the Father and his eternal Word.


Would we be willing to set aside our will and plan for the Father’s?


Would we be willing to agree with the Father’s prophetic purposes for our day regardless of the cost?


How interested are we that Scriptures are fulfilled?


Will we pray according to the will of the Father?


“Lord Jesus, you are my example of faith and perseverance in the will of the Father. May your prophetic word be fulfilled in my day, my generation, your Church and your world, for your glory.”