Finding Mercy

Proverbs 28-29; Psalms. 60; Romans 16 


“He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy. Blessed is the man who always fears the Lord, but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble.”

Proverbs 28:13, 14

The Lord blesses open, humble, repentant hearts and lives. When we conceal sin, like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, we break fellowship with God and live in fear. Fear becomes our master rather than the Lord Jesus. The fear of the Lord keeps calling us into the light and to confess so that we can find forgiveness, mercy, and freedom. A heart that has resisted the Spirit’s invitation to live in the light, in transparency, and with repentance, has in resisting become increasingly hardened. We are vulnerable because we have hardened our heart to the warnings and conviction of the Spirit and we then rely on our own understanding and strength.

“Jesus, you are my guide and my deliverer. I repent for pride which hardens my heart to your conviction. I humble myself before you today and choose the fear of the Lord.”