Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation

Proverbs 30-31; Psalms. 33; Ephesians 1 


“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of Wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better.”

Ephesians 1:17 

We discover who God is and learn to know Him better through the person of the Holy Spirit. Wisdom is learning from past experiences and other people how to live with God’s ways. Revelation is God’s communication to us in the moment which enables us to see or perceive truth we need.  We need both timeless wisdom about who God is and who we are, as revelation of how to apply that wisdom in our current situation or stage in our journey of discipleship (following Jesus). The Spirit of God is our essential teacher if we want to know God better.

“Lord Jesus, I desire to know the Father better. Open my eyes by your Spirit to show me what I need to know about the Father and myself.”