The Day of the Lord

 Joel 1-3; 2 Timothy 1 

“Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill…for the day of the Lord is coming. It is close at hand. The Lord thunders at the head of his army…and might are those who obey his command.”

Joel 1:1, 11

This trumpet call is both a warning that the day of the Lord is near and Christ’s return is soon, as well as a mobilization to join His army the Church, who is on mission with Jesus. The army of the Lord is both physical and spiritual. The Church is mobilized as Christ’s Body on earth, those who obey His command. Yet we are also surrounded by the hosts of heaven, the angels of God. The call to prepare for the day of the Lord is both now and not yet. We are called to live with expectation to meet the Lord whose judgment of sin is both now and not yet.

“Lord Jesus, you are my Commander, and I will obey your commands. May your trumpet be in my mouth as I call others to follow your mission and live for you and your return.”