Pursuing Love

Hosea 2-5; Hebrews 2


 “I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one called ‘Not my loved one. I will say to those called ‘Not my people,’  ‘You are my people’; and they will say, ‘You are my God.’”

Hosea 2:23

In writing his salvation story, God in Christ has pursued and revealed himself throughout history to people who have been bound by idols, false gods, and superstitions. God has humbled himself in Christ to take on the sins of our rebellion against him, our unfaithfulness, and our rejection; Christ has reconciled us back into relationship with our loving God. Like prodigals, we are returning to the house of our Father. The house of our Father has sons and daughters from many different cultural and ethnic groups, religious backgrounds, and beliefs, and who have all found salvation, forgiveness, and reconciliation with the Father through Jesus Christ. It is the Father who plants salvation in our hearts, who extends his love to us through Christ, and who now calls us his people and his family. We are all recipients of the Father’s great grace, mercy, and love.

“Father God, thank you for your incredible grace, mercy, and love toward me. Fill me with that same pursuing love as I live on mission with you.”