Walking in Grace

Isaiah 4,5; Psalms 115,116; Jude 


“To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy…”

Jude 24

“Be at rest once more, o my soul, for the Lord has been good to you. For you, o Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living.”

Psalm 116:7-9

We have been saved by grace and it is grace alone that will keep us until we meet the Lord face to face. It is God’s grace that convicts us of sin to keep us from stumbling. It is God’s grace that exposes repetitive sin so that we will not fall and shipwreck our faith. It is God’s grace that will present us before the throne of God “without fault and with great joy”. As we receive God’s grace and rely on it each day, our response to God is gratitude and a surrendered will. We must choose each day to walk before the Lord in discipleship and obedience and to walk in the light of His Presence. As we live that way, we will be at rest in our soul, fully dependent on God’s mercy and grace in our lives.

“Lord Jesus, you are my deliverer – from sin, stumbling and falling. I rely on your grace and goodness for me, and walk in your rest this day.”