When God’s Mission Becomes Ours

Isaiah 6,7; 2 Chronicles 26,27; Philemon 


“…Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’”

Isaiah 6:8

God’s mission becomes our mission when we say, “Yes!”. God is both singular and plural in his nature. We serve one God, the Lord God Almighty, Creator of all things. This one God has revealed himself to us as the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. When we “go” in obedience to God’s invitation and call, we go in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - the Divine ‘US’. God’s mission-invitation is to share and live his reconciling gospel with all creation. We must each give God our answer. To not respond to this question, “Who will go for us?” is to answer, “No!”. Our free will is God’s gift to us. 

Will we give this gift of choice back to God and say, “Yes!”?

Will we offer our life back to our Creator who gave us his only Son?

“Father God, I give myself to you and your mission purposes, for your glory.”