First Love

Ezekiel 1-3; Revelations 2 


“Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first…To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life…”

Revelation 2:4, 5, 7

To know and walk with God in life is more than right believing; it is loving and being loved. First love is devoted, passionate, sacrificial, and surrendered.

Do we love God that way?

Or do we just love our jobs, entertainment, and vacations in that way?

If we have never experienced first love for God, there is nothing to go back to. We must have a beginning. If we have tasted of this intimacy, now is the time to return. Remember what intimacy was like, time meant nothing. All we had we gave willingly, worship was intimate and personal. Repent of what have become rival lovers – entertainment, alcohol, work, and self-indulgence. Return to a lifestyle of surrender, worship, intimacy, and obedience to the Spirit of God. He is waiting to restore us.

“Lord Jesus Christ, you are my first love. I give you all that I am, and all that I have, for your glory. I love you and respond to your love this day.”