Freedom from Condemnation

Habakkuk 1-3; John 8 


“…‘Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?’ ‘No one, sir,’ she said. ‘Then neither do I condemn you,’ Jesus declared. ‘Go now and leave your life of sin.’”

John 8:10, 11

God’s kindness and mercy is what leads us to repentance. He desires that we live in freedom from repetitive sin, not just in forgiveness. In saying “leave your life of sin,” Jesus was declaring to the woman caught in adultery that sin will no longer be her master. The call to leave the mastery of sin and submit to Jesus and his ways is an invitation that Jesus extends to all of us. Condemnation is the tape in our minds produced by sin. Jesus offers us kindness and freedom.

Which master do we want to serve?

“Lord Jesus, you have set me free to serve and live for you. I repent for thinking in any way that sin will give me life or freedom. I choose you Jesus.”