Jesus’ Pursuing Love

 Ezekiel 4-7; Revelations 3 

“Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne…”

Revelation 3:19-21

Discipline is an indicator of God’s love for us, not his opposition to us. Our response indicates whether we are receiving God’s love. If we sincerely repent, then God’s loving discipline produces good fruit in our lives. If we resist God’s discipline, we forfeit further intimacy with him. To eat with Jesus is to be satisfied in our inner being by his love and God’s Word. This experience of being confronted, convicted by our sin, repenting, and then restored to fellowship with Jesus, is an ongoing cycle in the lives of Christ’s followers. Those who value their fellowship with Jesus through his Spirit, more than the pleasures of sin, are known as overcomers. Our love for the fellowship of the Spirit now, will be rewarded by Jesus for all eternity. If we enjoy sitting with Jesus now, we will sit with him in eternity.

“Lord Jesus, thank you for your pursuing love that calls me into intimacy and restoration. Give me opportunities to share that pursuing love with others, and receive it myself this day, for your glory.”