Life-Giving Food

2 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 34; John 6 


“Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you…I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing…”

John 6:27, 35, 63

What are we working for?

What motivates us to get up every day?

What life are we finding in what we’ve given ourselves to?

Do the fruits of our labor endure?

Will any of them endure after we are gone?

The life of the Spirit was what Jesus came to bring. His offer of food that endures, and food that really satisfies is unique. This food goes to our deepest being and satisfies our soul. Living within that place of contentment in God is what we were created for. It might be time to change our food (diet).

“Lord Jesus, you are my life. Thank you for satisfying my soul. I repent for feeding on food that spoils. Fill me with your Spirit again this day.”