Spiritually Blind

 Zephaniah 1-3; John 9 


“’While I am in the word, I am the light of the world.’ Some of the Pharisees said, ‘This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.’ ‘Do you believe in the Son of Man?...You have now seen him…’”

John 9:5, 16, 35, 37

The healing of a man born blind on the Sabbath brought both physical and spiritual sight to his life. This healing on the Sabbath also exposed the spiritual blindness of the Pharisees. Pride blinds us to our need for Jesus and keeps us judgmental and critical of others. Acknowledging our blindness and crying out to Jesus for healing and sight requires humility.

Are we prepared to allow Jesus to challenge the security of what we trust in, so that our eyes become open?

Where are we currently blind and unaware of our need for Jesus?

“Lord Jesus, you are light and you are life. Expose my blindness and deliver me of pride that I might see you and your glory.”