The Life Giver

 Nahum 1-3; John 5 

“…whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life…You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you have eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.”

John 5:24, 39, 40

Where are we looking for life?

Jesus calls us to find our life in him. We can look for life in worship, good preaching, missions, and even prayer, but not find the life-giving presence of Jesus. It is Jesus alone who gives life, eternal life that begins the moment we receive his gift of salvation by faith and surrender our life (our sin and our will) to him. Jesus is the resurrection and the life. We can be religious and not know Jesus, or not have his Spirit within us testifying to our life in him. Jesus still invites us to come to him for life.

“Lord Jesus, you are my life. I give all I have to you again today, for your glory and praise.”