“Gap standers”

 Ezekiel 22-24; Revelations 9 


“I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none.”

Ezekiel 22:30

God’s heart desire in confronting sin is that there would be intercession, atonement, and repentance. As God confronted the idolatry, murder, and rebellion of his people in Jerusalem, he looked for someone who would stand in the gap between his holiness and presence, and man’s sinfulness. He looked for someone who would build up the spiritual wall of obedience to his commandments and who was listening to his voice. The spiritual walls of obedience and intimacy with God serve as protection for our life from the enemy of our soul. When that wall breaks down in a life, a family, a community, or a nation, the enemy takes ground. While God’s heart is to restore, we will not leave sin unpunished. Sin has its own destructive consequences. God is looking for “gap standers” in our families, communities, and nations.

Will we stand?

“Lord Jesus, thank you that you stood in the gap for my sin.  I too desire to intercede and stand in the gap for my generation.”