Hallowed be Thy Name

Ezekiel 38-39; Psalms 145; Revelations 20 


“…In days to come, O Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I show myself holy through you before their eyes…I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my Holy Name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the Lord am the Holy One of Israel…This is the day I have spoken of.”

Ezekiel 38:16; 39:7, 8

“Hallowed be thy name!” we pray in the prayer that Jesus taught his disciples. God declared through Ezekiel that he would bring the nation of Russia against Israel to reveal his Holy Name. God used the nations of the world to reveal the holiness of his name, his nature, and his character. Israel and the Church have been the two great covenants that God made with peoples throughout history. The consummation of God’s salvation plan for the world could bring together these two covenant peoples into a confrontation with the powers of darkness (Ezekiel 39, Revelation 20), so that God’s hallowed name and nature as a covenant-keeper can be revealed to all nations. The “Day of the Lord” is a day of judgment and accountability. God’s salvation plan through his Son, Jesus Christ, is the greatest way God has hallowed his name among the nations. We still live in the age of grace where God’s salvation is available to all. Let us experience and share this salvation and the Holy Name of the Lord, before it’s too late.

“Lord Jesus, you are coming again in great glory and power. Reveal your Holy Name among the nations, that all might believe.”