Renewed in Hope

 Lamentations 3-5; Revelations 15 

“…my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.’”

Lamentations 3:20-24

If we reject the false security of Christendom for the suffering, resurrected Savior, we too will live in exile. Our lament is shared by Christ’s followers around the world who are still waiting for their home. We have said the Lord is our portion, he is enough. We too will wait on the Lord. We value God’s love, his great love, and his compassion. We value God’s great faithfulness. We too find our hope in the Lord rather than in the fleeting peace of this world with its false security.

What promises and experiences with God, or what memories do we need to call to mind today?

Our home is in heaven and God’s presence today reminds us of that.

“Lord Jesus, thank you for your great love, faithfulness, and living hope within me. Renew my faith, hope, and love today, for your glory.”