Repentance

 Zechariah 7-9; Luke 13 

“Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilot had mixed with their sacrifices. Jesus answered, ‘Do you think that those Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way?...I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.’”

Luke 13:1, 2, 5

We could ask Jesus the same question today about the suffering of the Syrians, or the Egyptians.

Are they getting their punishment for rejecting Christ?

Jesus’ response is a reminder to Christians that it is repentance, not what country you live in, that influences your standing before God. He didn’t say that he loved all people the same way, or that there were towers that fell every day on the ‘good’ and the ‘bad’. Jesus calls us to repentance. Our destiny, because of sin is death. Only repentance and faith in Christ can change our eternal destiny.

“Lord Jesus, you are my life. I repent for living for myself, and I surrender my will to you again this day, for your glory.”