The Message and the Messenger

 Haggai 1-2; Psalms 129; Luke 10 

“…the whole remnant of the people obeyed the voice of the Lord their God and the message of the prophet Haggai, because the Lord their God had sent him. And the people feared the Lord. Then Haggai, the Lord’s messenger, gave this message of the Lord to the people: ‘I am with you,’ declares the Lord.”

Haggai 1:12, 13

The reason people received the simple message of the Lord God, “I am with you” through his messenger Haggai, was because they could see and hear that God was with Haggai. If we are to be effective in sharing the Word of the Lord, we must live under God’s authority, carry his presence in our lives, and understand that we are his sent messengers. When we fear the Lord, those we are reaching and serving and leading will also choose to fear the Lord and receive his Word. The messenger is the message! “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us…” in the form of Jesus the Messiah (John 1:14). God is still empowering his servants with his presence, Word, and authority today.

“Lord Jesus, you are my leader and I am your messenger. Speak your Word to me and through me today.”