The Seen and Unseen Realm

 Ezekiel 25-28, Revelations 10 

“…Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: ‘In the pride of your heart you say, ‘I am a god; I sit on the throne of a god…’ But you are a man and not a god…‘Son of man, take up this lament concerning the King of Tyre…You were the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God…You were appointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you…Through your wide-spread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God…so I threw you to the earth…”

Ezekiel 28:1, 2, 12-14, 16, 17

This prophecy is an interesting window into the interplay between the dimensions of men in power (ruler of Tyre), and the spiritual powers behind them (king of Tyre). The king of Tyre was a fallen angel who once walked on the mount of God and in his presence. His rebellion against God resulted in his banishment to earth. The ruler of Tyre was influenced by this fallen angel and began to copy the same qualities of pride, violence, and lust for things/wealth. This example begs the question of whether similar relationships between fallen angels and human leaders exist in cities and countries today. As we pray for God’s kingdom to come and his will to be done, we are in a spiritual battle, a battle which Jesus Christ has already won.’

“Lord Jesus, I pray for discernment in prayer as I intercede for our city and nation and the peoples of the world. Let me see from your perspective and pray your prayers.”