Risking it All

 Esther 3-8; Luke 18 

“…everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Luke 18:14

“…Do not think that because you are in the king’s house, you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place…fast for me…I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.”

Esther 4:13, 14, 16

The courage to face death or whatever else might be the cost to see the right thing being done is in itself an act of humility. We realize that our mission is more important than self-preservation. We always have the option of remaining silent; however, God has given us resources and influence for such a time as this. It’s time to humble ourselves and risk all in order to do the right thing and invest in God’s greater mission of seeing lives delivered from a certain death. It is in laying down our lives for God’s greater purposes that we actually find them.

“Lord Jesus, may your kingdom come and your will be done in my life, for your glory.”