Great or Little Faith?

Matthew 8-10


“The centurion replied, ‘Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed…’ When Jesus heard this, he was astonished…‘…I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.’…he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake…But Jesus was sleeping…‘You of little faith, why are you so afraid?’…”

Matthew 8:8, 10; 23, 24, 26

Our levels of faith are not all the same. The centurion, a commander in the occupying Roman army and an ‘unclean Gentile’, had great faith. Jesus’ disciples, personal witnesses to numerous miracles and anointed teaching by Jesus, were rebuked for having little faith in the midst of a storm. It is the health challenges, financial storms, and calamities of life, that test the level of our faith.

Do we respond with paralyzing fear, frustration, blame, and anger, or do we call out to Jesus in humility and faith, asking for his presence, his word, his deliverance, his healing, and his provision?

Will we wait on the Lord?

Sometimes we find faith in the most unlikely places. Without faith we cannot please God.

“Lord Jesus, I repent for my little faith. Fill me with faith to replace my fear, for your glory.”