Living the Gospel

Psalms 122; 1 Corinthians 9-11 


“Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible…I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.”

1 Corinthians 9:19, 22, 23

This is the heart of a servant leader in Christ’s kingdom. It’s not about us, nor about me. It’s about the gospel, the great news that Jesus saves people. Paul lived with great freedom, in that he was available for God’s assignments and the Spirit’s leading in his life; however, he understood the principle of submission to authority and the heart of the gospel, which is love. If we can’t live the gospel, even as we share the message of the gospel with words, we rob the gospel of its power. Think of all the possible means and ways God wants to use his love and humility flowing through our lives to “save some”. The blessings of the gospel are in seeing transformed lives and knowing we had a small part to play in God’s mission. This is the highest calling.

“Lord Jesus, I pray for abundant love, humility, and grace today, to see the opportunities to live your gospel and share it, for your glory.”