The Legacy of Loving and Following the Word

 Psalms 117; 119: 81-176; 2 John; 3 John 

“Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. Your commands make me wise than my enemies, for they are ever with me. I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes…I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path. You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.”

Psalm 119:97-99, 104, 114, 165

The legacy of loving the Word of God is amazing! God’s Word gives wisdom for the many choices in life. We gain both insight and understanding about the human condition, about God’s ways, and about living with eternal values. Those who love God’s Word have a refuge and shield in the struggles of life. Their lives are marked by peace because they have surrendered control of their lives to the Living Word within them. This living, inner Word keeps them from stumbling and guides their feet on the narrow path of life. As we approach a new year, let the Word of God be our guide.

“Lord Jesus, you are my wisdom, understanding, refuge, shield, and great peace - the Living Word of God. Thank you for teaching me your ways that I might walk in your paths today.”