The Fire of God

Genesis 29-30; Luke 12 

“I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed! Do you think I came to bring peace on the earth? No, I tell you, but division.”

Luke 12:49-51

The fire that Jesus came to bring was the baptism by his Spirit which transformed the lives of those seeking the gift of the Father in the Upper Room in Acts 2. This fire cleanses, purifies, empowers, and divides.

Are we willing to count the cost in receiving this baptism of Jesus which he promised?

The spiritual power of the Holy Spirit confronts the powers of this world and exposes sin. The fire is real and it is a zeal which has marked the Church through many ages, wherever disciples discover and surrender to the person of the Holy Spirit. Without peace with God, and the peace of God, there will be no peace on earth. The fire of the Holy Spirit marks the presence of God and the lives of those who carry his presence.

“Lord Jesus, fill me again with your Spirit and fire as I live on mission with you today.”