The Mighty Hand of God

Exodus 6-8; Luke 23 


“Then the Lord said to Moses, ‘Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of my mighty hand he will let them go: because of my mighty hand he will drive them out of his country.’ God also said to Moses, ‘I am the Lord.’”

Exodus 6:1, 2

The mighty hand of God came down on Egypt in judgment and then in deliverance. He carried his people Israel out of Egypt.

Do we know the mighty hand of God in our lives?

Can we testify to God’s hand in judging sin, either in our lives or those around us?

When the plague of gnats could not be replicated by the Egyptian magic arts, they testified, “This is the finger of God” (Exodus 8:19). God’s hand of blessing and deliverance has lifted people out of mortal danger, averted accidents, and opened doors of opportunity.

Are we living under the discipline and blessing of the hand of God?

Will we place our lives and our families in the mighty hands of God? It’s a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God, but there are no other hands in which I would rather be.

“Lord God, again, I place my life and my family in your hands and thank you for your hand on our lives, for your glory.”