Contentment

  Exodus 33-34; Psalms 16; Acts 9 

“Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance…my body also will rest secure.”

Psalm 16:5, 6, 9

Living within the boundaries of God’s provision and promises for us brings peace and joy to our body and soul. It is the Lord who assigns us our portion and cup.

Have we thanked him for his provision, providence, and protection over our lives?

Some people live with dissatisfaction and selfish ambition. They would like to shift the boundary lines in their lives and live for their own inheritance. This leads to frustration and emptiness, rather than freedom and peace. When we accept the Lord and his kingdom as our inheritance, we find joy, peace, and abundant life. We also rest at night knowing our lives are in the hands of the Lord.

What is God inviting us to surrender into his hands so that we would have what is so much better?

“Lord Jesus, I give all that I am and have to you; I rest in your goodness and provision.”