Hope Through the Storm

 Numbers 7; Psalms 23; Acts 27 

“Last night an angel of the God whose I am and whom I serve stood beside me and said, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul. You must stand trial before Caesar; and God has graciously given you the lives of all who sail with you! So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me.’”

Acts 27:23-25

On a drifting ship in the midst of a two-week storm, 276 men were given hope by a prisoner named Paul. Without stars to chart their course and without food to give them strength, these men received leadership from a man who walked with God - a man whose life and hope were anchored in the living presence of God. 

In our storms, what are we anchored to?

When our marriage or health or employment is tested with high winds, where do we turn?

Paul knew the Word of the Lord; his faith in that living Word gave courage and strength to others. Paul knew that he belonged to God and that everything else was temporal.

Do we know whose we are and whom we serve?

Is it making a difference for us and others in the midst of life’s storms?

“Lord Jesus, I am yours. My hope is anchored in your presence and living Word to me.”