Gospel Focused

 Deuteronomy 32-34; 1 Corinthians 2 

“When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.”

1 Corinthians 2:1, 2

The temptation in ministry is to believe that our skills, abilities, education, eloquence, or superior wisdom will transform lives. They won’t! When entering a new relationship, context, or opportunity, we are especially tempted to rely on the strategy God used the last time. We can’t do that! Paul was determined to know nothing except “Jesus Christ and him crucified”. He had just debated with the philosophers at the arena in Athens and used the altar to the “unknown god” as a bridge. Few responded. He resolved by focusing on Jesus, his death, and his resurrection, believing the power to transform lives is found in this Gospel focus.

Are we resolved to focus on the death and resurrection of Jesus as the focus of our lives and ministry to others?

This is the power is God to transform.

“Lord Jesus, keep me focused on you and your Gospel in all I say and do, for your glory.”