Inwardly Sourced and Directed

Deuteronomy 13-15; Galatians 1


“Paul, an apostle – sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father…Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ…But when God who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man…”

Galatians 1:1, 10, 15, 16

Are we clear on God’s presence in our lives and his call to us?

Paul knew who he was and whose he was as he lived out the mission assignment God had given him. When we aren’t clear on whose we are, we look to make a name for ourselves, or try to please men so they will give us a good name. Those who are inwardly directed, live out of that inner sense of calling, as well as through inner resources. They live to daily obey the Lord and are not easily manipulated through flattery of man-pleasing. The same humility that marked Christ’s life is the humility in which these servants grow, enabling them to serve others, prefer others, and submit to others in love. They know who they are and whose they are.

“Lord Jesus, thank you for filling me with your Spirit this day. Thank you for bold, obedient, humble service in your name, for your glory.”