The Gospel

Deuteronomy 16-18; Psalms 38; Galatians 2

“’I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.’”

Galatians 2:20

Few verses of Scripture capture the heart of the Gospel like Galatians 2:20. We enter Christ’s kingdom by dying to sin and self.

Have we been crucified with Christ through repentance and turning away from our old life of sin?

It’s only in dying to sin and self that Christ lives in us. The reality of Christ’s indwelling presence in our body through the Holy Spirit is not metaphoric or intellectual, it is real! If we don’t know what this means we might not have experienced the reality of being born again. In this new life in Christ, we live by faith or full dependence on Christ for daily provision, protection, power, wisdom, forgiveness, grace, and so much more. We can’t rely on ourselves, attend religious services, and call ourselves a Christ-follower. A disciple of Christ has died to sin and self, experiences Christ’s indwelling presence through the Holy Spirit, and fully depends on Christ in all things. The Gospel is a full exchange – Christ gave us everything and we give him everything. Anything less is just religion.”

“Lord Jesus, I give you my life, my will, every sin habit and I surrender to your Spirit and will for your glory.”