Revealed Rest

1 Samuel 28-29; Psalms 109; Matthew 11 


“…I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children…no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”

Matthew 11:25, 27, 28

Rest for our soul and every part of our being comes from relationship with our Creator, the Lord of heaven and earth. The restlessness of our soul is rooted in our independence, pride, and rebellion against God. Jesus invites us to come to him and he will reveal the Father to us. The attitude of seeking rest and revelation is that of little children coming to their Father and climbing on his lap.

Where else have we gone with our weariness and burdens?

Will we accept Jesus’ offer today and come to him?

“Lord Jesus, thank you for inviting me to come. Reveal the Father to me as I seek your face and surrender my weighty wanderings to you.”