The Key of David

Judges 17-18; Psalms 89; 2 Corinthians 3 


“…’I have bestowed strength on a warrior;…with my sacred oil I have anointed him. My hand will sustain him; surely my arm will strengthen him…I will crush his foes before him…My faithful love will be with him,…I will set his hand over the sea, his right hand over the rivers…I will also appoint him my firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth.’”

Psalm 89:19-21, 23-25, 27

God’s covenant with David was fulfilled in Christ, the “root and offspring of David” (Revelation 22:16). Through Christ, the Church inherits the promises made to David, the promises of “strength in the Lord” - the anointing of God’s Spirit, the hand of God on our lives, God’s protection and deliverance from evil, the defeat of Satan on the cross, the faithful love of God poured out through his Spirit, and the authority to bind and loose. We are the Church of the firstborn, chosen in Christ to rule and reign with him.

Do we know our inheritance in Christ?

Are we claiming and walking in this inheritance and with the promises of God?

“Lord Jesus, thank you for your promises, in Christ, for your glory.”