Thirsty?

1 Samuel 25-26; Psalms 63; Matthew 9 


“You God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water…your love is better than life…my soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods…”

Psalm 63:1, 3, 5

What satisfies us at the core of our being?

Many pleasures provide temporary enjoyment but then leave us empty and wanting more. David’s discovery of God’s presence and love in the hardest, desert-like season of his life points us in another direction. Rather than seeking instant gratification or a quick fix, God invites us to seek him. He invites us to take our thirsts to him and experience the refreshing streams of his Holy Spirit within us. God desires to pour out his love in our hearts through the Holy Spirit that he has given us. God desires to fully satisfy us like a really good meal. God allows the deserts to expose our thirst and our need for him.

Will we express our longing for love and relationship to God and invite his Spirit to fill us?

“Lord Jesus, you fully satisfy and fill me at the core of my being. Your love is better than life.”