Seek My Face

2 Chronicles 6-7; Psalms. 135; Romans 4 


“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

2 Chronicles 7:14

This statement and promise of God in response to Solomon’s temple-dedication prayer, is not a formula.

Too often prayer is used in a formulaic way as we pray for revival within the nations. This statement by God is a call for relationship with his people, those called by his name.

Will we humble ourselves and seek God’s face, not just his hand of blessing and provision?

Prayer is communication with God, not religious ritual to impress others. Prayer is not formulaic, but heart-felt, honest, humble communication from one person to another Person. God both hears and responds in prayer. This is two-way communication, not just ritual. In our generation, the same God who communicated with David and Solomon invites us into a humble relationship of worship, repentance, petition, and intercession.

Will we seek his face?

“Lord God, your face is all I seek. I humble myself before you and repent on behalf of my people for transactional prayer and ritual, rather than relationship.”