Living in One Accord

 2 Kings 10; 2 Chronicles 22-23; 1 Timothy 5

“After he left there, he came upon Jehonadab son of Recab, who was on his way to meet him. Jehu greeted him and said, ‘Are you in accord with me, as I am with you?’ ‘I am,’ Jehonadab answered. ‘If so,’ said Jehu, ‘give me your hand.’ So he did, and Jehu helped him up into the chariot.”

2 Kings 10:15

At a time when everyone was running in fear from Jehu, Jehonadab went out looking for him. They shared the same zeal for the Lord God Almighty and were grieved at the Baal worship in the land. Jehu killed the kings both of Israel and Judah, all the royal sons, and anyone connected to the house of Ahab; yet, Jehu invited a common person from the house of Recab into his chariot.

Why?

Both Jehu and Jehonadab were in agreement. We must also be discerning about who we invite into our “chariots”. Recab and his descendants were a family that had covenanted with God and lived with principles that had not been corrupted by the house of Ahab.

Do we know what we believe, are we clear in our convictions, and have we found others who are in accord with us in serving the Lord?

“Lord Jesus, guard my heart from sin and give me wisdom in choosing who I align with, for your glory."