Our Fountains are in You

 Amos 4-6; Psalms. 87; Titus 1 

“He has set his foundation on the holy mountain; the Lord loves the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob…I will record Rahab and Babylon among those who acknowledge me – Philistia too, and Tyre, along with Cush – and will say, ‘This one was born in Zion.’…As they make music they will sing, ‘All my fountains are in you.’”

Psalm 87:1, 2, 4, 7

God’s kingdom and covenant people include individuals from the nations, including Israel’s old enemies of Egypt, Babylon, Philistia, and idolatrous Tyre. We all find our life, our “fountains”, in the Lord and in his presence. For those “born in Zion”, or born again into God’s family, our joy and source of life comes from the Lord. The well of salvation is open to all who are thirsty.

Where are our fountains, and what are we drinking?

Are we open to drinking from the Fountain of Life with those who come from our “enemies”?

Are we willing to share this Living Water with our neighbors and those far away?

“Lord God, my life is in you. I am thirsty for you. Thank you for your salvation and promise that you know my name, for your glory.”