Words May be Given Me

 Song 1-4; Ephesians 6 

“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.”

Ephesians 6:18-20

Those powerful words were probably written by Paul from the Mamartine prison in Rome, surrounded by the magnificent temples honoring pagan gods. Rather than being intimidated, Paul recognized his authority in Christ and, through the Spirit, God’s desire to speak through him. The prayers of Ephesian believers, also being led by the Spirit to pray specific faith-filled promises for Paul, were advancing the Gospel in Rome. Through prayer all of us have a part to play in God’s mission. Through prayer, every one of us can be a channel through prayer; every one of us can be a channel through whom almighty God speaks to those around us as words are given to us. We need constant alertness because there are few things the enemy wants to disrupt more than our unbroken fellowship and communion with God through his Holy Spirit.

Are we listening?

Are we speaking boldly?

Are we aware of our authority in Christ regardless of our circumstances and confining positions?

“Lord Jesus, empower me this day to be your ambassador and speak your Word, for your glory.”