Good Shepherds

 Jeremiah 1-2; John 10

“…The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away…The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life – only to take it up again.”

John 10:11, 12, 17

Good shepherds are still being called by the Father. They are willing to resist the wolves which attack the sheep. They are also willing to lay their lives down for the will of the Father and his love for the sheep.

How did we respond to recent attacks to the flock of which we are a part?

Were we more concerned with our reputation and wants, or were we willing to lay down our lives to see others delivered, restored and healed?

Jesus is our example of good shepherd behavior in time of spiritual warfare. Just as he was filled with the Father’s sacrificial love, we, too, can live and lead with that same love.

“Lord Jesus, renew your love in me this day, fill me with your Spirit and courage to defend the flock, for your glory.”