The Father’s Love

Jeremiah 18-20; Psalms 93; John 17


“Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

John 17:25, 26

To know God’s presence in our lives is to be filled with his love. We can’t say we know the Father and not know his love. Other religions require sacrifices to appease gods or rituals to demonstrate faith, but none proclaim that the followers can know these gods. We can know God personally and be filled with his presence. Jesus promised that he himself would indwell his disciples and fill them with the Father’s love. When the early Church was filled with the Holy Spirit and began to radically love each other and the community around them, the world took notice that these disciples acted like Jesus.

Do we know the Father and his love, or do we just know about the Father and his love?

Today, will we invite the Father to fill us with his love and invite Jesus to live and love through us?

“Father God, love through me today in the power and presence of your Son, for your glory.”