The Key to Joy

Jeremiah 13-15; John 15


“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.”

John 15:9-12

Have you ever wanted more joy?

The greatest capacity for pure joy comes from God; he is very interested in filling our lives with this joy. However, joy is a by-product of remaining in Christ’s love through obeying his commands; his commands include loving each other as he has loved us. So joy is elusive as a goal in itself; however, as we invite Jesus to fill us with his love and we choose to love one another sacrificially as he loved us, we experience his joy that fills us. It’s a paradox that we are filled with joy as we give and share, rather than take and hold, but that is the beauty of Christ’s kingdom.

“Lord Jesus, thank you for filling me with your capacity to love and save, for your glory.”