Open Wide your Mouth

Daniel 3- 4; Psalms 81; Revelations 17 

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it. But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me. So I gave them over…If my people would but listen to me…you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”

Psalm 81:10-13, 16

The same Lord God, who has delivered us from the bondage of sin (Egypt), invites us to listen and learn his ways. Praying for God’s will for our lives, or in particular points of decision without fully submitting and surrendering our will to God, will not be blessed by the Lord. The same God who saved us, desires to daily lead us and provide for us. If we open wide our mouth, he will fill it with his Word and give us food that satisfies both ourselves and others.

When is the last time we waited quietly on the Lord for “honey from the rock”?

We don’t live on bread alone, but on every Word that comes from the mouth of God!

“Lord Jesus, I choose to wait on you today, and to listen to your Word so I can obey, for your glory.”