Eyes Opened

 Job 17; Acts 24-26

“…The whole Jewish community has petitioned me about him [Paul] in Jerusalem and here in Caesarea, shouting that he ought not to live any longer…’I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you…to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God…’”

Acts 25:24; 26:16, 18

The Jewish community wanted Paul killed, although many of them now confessed Jesus as their Messiah. They had received forgiveness of sins by faith, but this work of transformation had not yet gone into their identity. They still saw themselves as righteous through Abraham and the covenant of circumcision. Paul’s call to the Gentiles was seen as a threat to that identity

Have we fully embraced God’s love for us and received our new identity as sons and daughters of God?

Any other identity in position, status, wealth, or beauty will disappoint us and make us vulnerable to opposing the very work of God which could set us free.

“Lord Jesus your love for me has set me free. Thank you for opening my eyes and ears to see and hear you, for your glory.”