Is it Futile to Serve God?

 Malachi 3-4; Psalms 148; Acts 5 

“’You have said harsh against me,’ says the Lord. ‘Yet you ask, ‘What have we said against you?’ ‘You have said, ‘It is futile to serve God. What did we gain by carrying out his requirements and going about like mourners before the Lord Almighty? But now we call the arrogant blessed. Certainly evildoers prosper, and even those who challenge God escape.’”

Malachi 3:13-15

Do we sometimes question whether living for God is worth it?

Or, perhaps question why God allows arrogant, self-centered lifestyles to go unpunished?

In the west, arrogance, narcissism, and personal ambition are often rewarded with political, educational, or business success and leadership.

Today, who values humility before God and man?

Malachi rebukes those of us asking this question!

The ultimate accounting for our character and choices will happen when we stand before God. Outward symbols of prosperity are not the standard of fullness of life. God draws near to the humble; he pours out his presence on those who seek his face and honor him. Living and loving in the power of the Spirit will bear fruit in this life and for all eternity.

“Lord Jesus, I humble myself before you and thank you for all you have done for me. I offer all I am to you and pray you would be glorified in my life this day.”