The Gracious Hand and Timing of God

Nehemiah 1-2; Psalms 133; Luke 22 


“The king said to me, ‘what is it you want?’…’let him send me to the city in Judah where my fathers are buried so that I can rebuild it.…And because the gracious hand of my God was upon me, the king granted my requests.’”

Nehemiah 2:4, 5, 8

It’s not enough to have vision; we also require the gracious hand of God on our lives to accomplish the vision. Nehemiah’s God-given vision to rebuild Jerusalem was incubated in prayer and grew in clarity as he considered the many steps required. When God opened the king’s heart to ask Nehemiah what he wanted, Nehemiah was ready to communicate the vision with clarity.

Have we taken the time in the presence of the Lord to wait on him for the vision clarity he desires to give to us?

Are we aware of the gracious hand of God on our lives that can accomplish his purposes?

The favor of God on our lives as we connect with those in authority is often confirmation that God’s vision timing is ready. Without the blessing of those in authority on our lives, the vision we are carrying might need to wait.

“Lord Jesus, thank you for waiting on the timing of your Father to accomplish your mission. I pray for the grace to live under your hand as well, for your glory.”