Hold Firmly – Take Your Stand

 Psalms 149; 1 Corinthians 15-16 

“…I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you…on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures…”

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

The Scriptures point to Christ’s death and resurrection as the basis for our salvation, rather than any religious behavior or good deeds on our part. This Gospel is what we stand on in the marketplace of ideas and each day as we submit to God and resist temptation and evil. There is a battle for this Gospel and for our salvation, making it critical for us to be reminded to hold firmly to it. Other beliefs and teachings about salvation, the source of life, and the nature of sin and evil would like to replace our singular focus on Jesus Christ.

Will we be swayed, blown here and there by every wind of doctrine and temptation, or will we stand firm in Christ? 

The stakes are eternal.

“Lord Jesus you are my salvation and your Word is truth. Fill me with your grace and strength to stand firm, for your glory.”