A Wedding is Coming

Revelations 19-22 

“’…the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.’ (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)…’Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!’”

Revelation 19:7-9

I approach every New Year with expectancy of Christ’s return and the wedding banquet he has prepared. Our clothing of righteousness is a gift of grace we can never earn, as is our invitation to the wedding supper of the Lamb. In response to this grace, we have the privilege of participating in the good works Christ has prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:10). Our righteous work, in response to Christ’s workmanship in us, brings glory to God. As we anticipate a new year full of opportunities to bring glory to God, let’s surrender every distraction and lesser goal in our lives to the Lord. A wedding is coming and we are being prepared.

“Lord Jesus, I offer myself to you, to be made ready and to make myself ready through your grace for the wedding you have invited me to attend. Be glorified in me and in our family this year.”