Christ’s Peace is Different

John 12-14 


“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

John 14:27

What makes the peace of Christ different from the peace of this world?

The world’s peace is either the absence of conflict, or a negotiated settlement based on compromise between parties in conflict. The world’s peace can leave us empty and fearful, even while we live in peace. Christ’s peace is radically different. This peace is found in the very presence of Christ himself indwelling us through the Holy Spirit. Jesus is our peace. The reality of Christ’s presence drives out fear and anxiety even in the midst of conflict. We can enter conflict as peace-makers because our peace comes from another place. We can love our enemies because we ourselves have been loved by God even though we were once his enemies.

Will we invite Jesus to fill us with his peace?

“Lord Jesus, renew your peace in me and use me to point others to you and your peace, for your glory.”