Consistent Joy

Philippians 1-4 


“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now,”

Philippians 1:3-5

Paul’s letter to Philippi from a prison cell was full of joy because his heart was full of thankfulness and gratitude. It’s the same joy that overflowed into worship in the prison cell in Philippi on the night the Church was birthed in that city. The Philippians knew a costly Gospel of full surrender because that was the foundation of their formation. The Philippian jailer and his family probably read this letter from Rome and recognized the same Spirit speaking to them as at their conversion.

Would those who heard the Gospel from us many years ago recognize the same Gospel DNA in our life and story today?

Are we full of gratitude and joy regardless of our circumstances?

“Lord Jesus, thank you for your presence and the joy of salvation, for your glory.”