Enjoy the World

Psalms 117; 119: 81-176; 2 John; 3 John 


“I have not departed from your laws, for you yourself have taught me. How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!...My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.”

Psalm 119:102, 103, 148

David’s capacity to listen to the living Word of God came through the anointing of God’s Spirit on his life. David was taught by the Spirit to listen and obey even when his circumstances were life-threatening and he was living like a fugitive. In challenging seasons of his life, David became more attentive to God’s promises and Word, not less. Like honey, God’s living Word is sweet and will flavor our thoughts and brighten our perspective throughout the day or night. Meditating on God’s promises, principles, and paths is strengthening to our spirit, soul, and body. In an age when so much negative messaging immerses us, we must fight to clear our minds and meditate on what is true, what is pure, what is good, and what is just. If David could experience God’s Word like honey and gold, so can we. Invite the Lord to remind you of a promise in his Word that will strengthen you today.

“Lord Jesus, your Word is like honey to my life and fills me with new hope, for your glory.”