Faith in the Word

 John 5-6

“…the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. And the Father who has sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice or seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.”

John 5:36-38

The Word of God is understood through the revelatory work of the Father in our lives as we have faith in his Son. The Father testifies to his Gospel through the life and work of Jesus and the ongoing revelation of Jesus through the Holy Spirit. The Word of God is not just a book we read or conversation we have. The Word of God is Jesus, living within those who place their faith in his Gospel. Listening to the Word then brings the ongoing revelatory work of the Father in us by his Son, through his Spirit. Our faith in Christ both reveals Gods’ Word and invites the Word to indwell us. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit live within us through the living Word of God.  

“Lord Jesus, thank you for dwelling in me, revealing the Father to me, and teaching me, for your glory.”